[mythtv-users] mythvideo: UPNP folder organization?

jdoe mythtv at jd67.de
Tue Dec 4 12:53:29 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

I know, I'm not the first person addressing UPNP foldering within
mythvideo, but I like to bring it on top again.

While using mythtv over years, I have a lot of recordings: ~800 episodes
of series and ~1200 Movies. Because the handling of such a mass of video
within mythvideo is much better, I move the most recordings into it, to
keep them on long terms. And I is wonderful: Great looking presentation,
multiple access pattern, filtering and so on. BUT only as long as I use
mythfrontend.

Access by UPNP/DLNA is a pain, because all video a within ONE plain list
with in my case ~1500 entries :-(
While more and more nice small devices (androids, xmbc on raspberry pi,
...) are working better an better with mythtv's upnp, a useful
navigation would be great!

Are there any plans to introduce any kind of foldering within
UPNP-access to mythvideos?

Are other people out there, sharing my pain? Knowing not being alone
helps ;-)

Comments are welcome!

Jan