[mythtv-users] Recent problem with channel changing scripts

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Mon Dec 3 23:58:01 UTC 2012

On 12/02/2012 10:53 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 12/02/2012 11:25 PM, Michael wrote:
> > Looking through the mythtv logs, I don't see any logging of calls to
> the channel changing script ( when failed or successful ) so I am not
> sure
>> how to debug.  I did add --loglevel debug to my backend but I still
>> don't see any calls to the scripts. Does this get logged anywhere?
>
> Hi;
>
> Yes, it can.
>
> If your backend it already running, type: mythbackend --setverbose
> system,
> that will log entries of all mythsystem calls. You should see an entry
> when the call is made, and when the command exits (with its return code.)
> --setverbose general restores normal logging.
>
> Or, you can add -v system to the command line that starts your backend,
> and restart.

Thanks for the response.

With this debugging on, I could see my script was getting called, but
failing due to a permission issue before the debug command we even
getting run.  It was a wrapper script that handled multiple HD-PVRs and
the failures were only happening on one receiver.  I was able to debug
the issue ( and hopefully ) all is well again.

Thank you for an insightful suggestion!

Michael