[mythtv-users] 0.26: database upgrade not allowed

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 3 14:25:32 UTC 2012

On 12/03/2012 05:51 AM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> On 2012-12-03 11:37, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> On 12/3/2012 05:08, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>>> 2012-12-03 11:05:01.681082 W  Not allowed to upgrade the database.
>> Only the master backend, or any instance of mythtv-setup, is allowed to
>> upgrade the database.
> I started the backend via an ssh into the mythtv box.
>
> Next issue: the backend does not start recording although we have fresh
> listings.
>
> Currently the php issues remain so mythweb is unusable to research this.

Yes, and as Raymond mentioned, the backend you started was /not/ the
master backend--meaning if it was on the host where you normally run the
master backend, you started it in a bad environment that had a bad
config.xml so it didn't know it was supposed to be the master.  Note
that this may also be the cause of your next issue, too.

Mike