[mythtv-users] mythtv-common-0.26.0-1.fc17.x86_64 giving errors in abrt daemon on startup

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Mon Dec 3 12:39:50 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, no. Here's a link to a proper backtrace, just so you can see what
> it looks like:
>
>     http://code.mythtv.org/trac/**attachment/ticket/11043/gdb-**
> mythlogserver-5058.txt<http://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/11043/gdb-mythlogserver-5058.txt>
>
> It's the output of running gdb on a core file, not an ASCII text file.
>
> An ls -l of a core file on my ubuntu box look similar to this 206MB file:
>
>     -rw------- 1 bill bill 206643200 Aug  2 16:43
> /tmp/core.1343943786.1000.**5017.mythlogserver
>
> But the format is distribution/option dependent.
>
> In my experience on this list and with Trac, the output above will not
> provide enough information for problem resolution.
>
> Any Fedora users watching that can tell Jerry where his core files are?
>
> I reread your earlier message and I think the core files reside in the
same place (/var/spool/abrt/timestamp_directory/coredump).  GDB tells me I
don't have the symbols in the core file.  I thought I had installed the
debug information but apparently I did not.  I installed the debug info as
it instructed and now, of course, I can't reproduce the crash.  Perhaps an
update fixed things?  I'll just have to wait for next time.

Thanks for your help!

Jerry