[mythtv-users] Hamrony remote & Knoppmyth profile

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Dec 2 16:53:25 UTC 2012

On 12/2/2012 05:42, Phill Edwards wrote:
> It didn't come with a remote control but I've got it working with an old
> PackardBell remote I had lying around. What I'm having trouble with is
> getting it working with my Harmony 600 remote configured with the
> KnoppMyth profile through the Logitech setup software.

Any "MythTV" profile you might find through the Harmony database is
going to be garbage. Ignore it. The issue is that the Harmony hardware
database is user-sourced. When a user profiles a device the software is
not aware of, the software pushes the users definitions to the server
for everyone else to use. MythTV has no hardware, nor any built in IR
handling, so that profile can only possibly match one specific user's IR
receiver and lircrc config.