[mythtv-users] Why is a show recording?

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Sun Dec 2 16:30:19 UTC 2012

On 01/12/12 19:45, David Engel wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 01, 2012 at 07:16:47PM +0000, Alex Tomlins wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm currently puzzled as to why a particular show is recording when
>> I don't have any recording rules that should match it.
>>
>> I'm in the UK receiving Freeview, using EIT guide data.
>>
>> The show in question is 'Best of Top Gear'.  I have an
>> any-time-any-channel rule for 'Top Gear', and also for '50 Years of
>> Bond Cars: A Top Gear Special'.  It's this latter rule that I think
>> it matching, but I have no idea why.
>>
>> How can I go about diagnosing this?  Is there an easy way to see
>> which rule is triggering a recording, and why.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Alex
>>
>> P.S. I'm quite happy that this is recording, I'd just like to
>> understand why it is...
> Pres INFO twice and look for "Recording Rule".  It is most likely
> because "Best of Top Gear" is part of the "Top Gear" series.
>
> David
Thanks for that.  That give me the link I needed.  Came up saying
Recording Rule: 383, Record all "Best of Top Gear".

I didn't have a recording rule with that title, so a couple of queries:

mysql> select * from record where recordid = 383\G
      recordid: 383
          type: 4
        chanid: 1002
     starttime: 21:00:00
     startdate: 2012-10-29
       endtime: 22:00:00
       enddate: 2012-10-29
         title: 50 Years of Bond Cars
      subtitle: A Top Gear Special
look at 007's legendary cars. He talks to Daniel Craig and Roger Moore,
and attempts to make a submarine car. Also in HD.
        season: 0
       episode: 0
      category: Leisure/Hobbies
       profile: Default
   recpriority: 0
    autoexpire: 1
   maxepisodes: 0
     maxnewest: 0
   startoffset: 3
     endoffset: 5
      recgroup: Default
     dupmethod: 8
         dupin: 15
       station: BBC TWO
      seriesid: fp.bbc.co.uk/l48m2h
     programid: fp.bbc.co.uk/1rebwb
       inetref:
        search: 0
autotranscode: 0
  autocommflag: 1
  autouserjob1: 0
  autouserjob2: 0
  autouserjob3: 0
  autouserjob4: 0
  autometadata: 1
       findday: 2
      findtime: 21:00:00
        findid: 735171
      inactive: 0
      parentid: 0
    transcoder: 0
     playgroup: Default
     prefinput: 0
   next_record: 2012-12-02 18:57:00
   last_record: 2012-11-25 18:56:32
   last_delete: 2012-11-26 20:39:17
  storagegroup: Default
     avg_delay: 67
        filter: 0
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Shows that it's the 50 Years of Bond Cars rule, which seemed odd.
Looking at the upcoming program in the DB:

mysql> select * from program where title = 'Best of Top Gear' limit 1
offset 1\G;
                  chanid: 1002
               starttime: 2012-12-02 19:00:00
                 endtime: 2012-12-02 20:00:00
                   title: Best of Top Gear
                subtitle:
star in a compilation of their finest moments, featuring amazing
challenges, spectacular stunts and a small amount of bickering.
                category: Leisure/Hobbies
           category_type: series
                 airdate: 0000
                   stars: 0
         previouslyshown: 0
         title_pronounce:
                  stereo: 1
               subtitled: 1
                    hdtv: 0
          closecaptioned: 0
              partnumber: 2
               parttotal: 4
                seriesid: fp.bbc.co.uk/l48m2h
         originalairdate: NULL
                showtype:
               colorcode:
syndicatedepisodenumber:
               programid: fp.bbc.co.uk/1re956
                manualid: 0
                 generic: 0
           listingsource: 1
                   first: 0
                    last: 0
               audioprop: STEREO
           subtitletypes: NORMAL
               videoprop: WIDESCREEN
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

The only thing that matches is the seriesid.  I wasn't aware that this
would be used to match things, but it makes sense I guess, just was
somewhat confusing when looking at things through Mythweb and the frontend.

thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started