[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HVR-1950 USB not working with MythTV

Naoyuki Tai ntai at smartfruit.com
Sat Dec 1 07:25:16 UTC 2012

I swapped the disk, did a fresh install, and everything works.
This does not make me very happy but at least hardware
and what not (cable, etc.) are working fine.

It appears that upgrading from MythBuntu 10 to MythBuntu 12
is causing the problem which the backend gets stuck getting
data from local device. Very odd, because mythtv-setup does
recognise the USB device, so V4l must be working.

I guess I have two options. One is to start from the fresh
install and migrate the media.
Is there any good guide for this?

The second way is to actually figure out what's wrong.
I'm not really thrilled to do this.

Any help/suggestions/clues greatly appreciated.

-- Tai