[mythtv-users] Switching to Directv from Dish and have a few questions

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Fri Aug 31 23:53:40 UTC 2012

Hello,

Here is my current setup
Mythtv 0.25.2
2x Dish network VIP-622 receivers
2x HDPVRs
commandir III

I am interested in switching to directv.  It looks like their current HD
receiver is the H24.

Questions:

1)  Any there concerns with the H24 and mythtv?  With the HDPVR, I would
need to utilize the component output for all recordings.  Is the output
restricted for component on any channels?

2) I am hoping to use the network channel change script
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Controlling_DirecTV_Set_Top_Box_(STB)_via_Network
and eliminate IR altogether on the backend.  Are there any known issues
with the H24 and network channel changes?

Thanks in advance,

Michael