[mythtv-users] Transcoding with and without cutlist

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 13:42:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 08/30/2012 04:59 PM, Stephen Robertson wrote:
>>
>> I was experimenting with cutlists and transcoding for the first time
>> to remove some excess from the beginning and end of some recordings
>> however adding the cutlist seems to cause a problem.  Below are two
>> logs for a transcode job on the same recording with and without
>> cutlist.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>

> Perhaps a description of what you mean by "a problem" so that we don't have
> to guess based on your log output/know what we're looking for?
>
> Mike

Sorry that wasn't very clear.  Though saying that I'm not sure what
the problem is other than when I run transcode on the recording I have
edited the log has an entry saying transcoding failed.

Aug 30 21:53:32 bressay mythlogserver: mythtranscode[23758]: E
CoreContext mpeg2fix.cpp:1178 (BuildFrame) avcodec_encode_video failed
(0)
Aug 30 21:53:32 bressay mythlogserver: mythtranscode[23758]: E
CoreContext main.cpp:692 (main) Transcoding
/media/disk/Recordings/1033_20120819061000.mpg failed

Stephen