[mythtv-users] Heat issues with USB ATSC tuners?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Aug 30 20:09:23 UTC 2012

On 8/30/2012 15:16, rsh1k wrote:
> Even 500ma at 5v (2.5w) is significant to me - I'm trying to build the
> lowest power machine possible, and 7.5w for three tuners is almost as
> much as the whole rest of the system...

This all really seems like far too much ado about nothing. Unless you're
talking about off-the-grid operation, electricity is cheap. For a piece
of hardware running all day, every day, it typically comes out to around
$1/W/yr.  Is a couple bucks really worth all the heartache you're
putting into planning such a low power device?