[mythtv-users] Logging question

Robert Siebert trebor_s at web.de
Thu Aug 30 06:57:06 UTC 2012

02:48 AM, Robert Siebert wrote:

>> mythtv routes all logging stuff
through the mythlogserver now. I also had to change my syslog-ng (not
rsyslog) configuration. I don't know if mythbuntu uses syslog, syslog-ng
or rsyslog and the mythtv wiki only provides infos for rsyslog.

Ooh, nice! Ubuntu uses rsyslog (and that's the syslog service I was

able to do any testing with), so that's why the wiki only provides info

> for rsyslog. It would be wonderful if you could create a new page(s)

> for syslog-ng configuration and put them in the

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Syslog_Configuration_Files [1] . Or,
if
> you don't have a wiki account or haven't used the wiki to create
pages,
> feel free to just send me the exact files and any instructions
a person
> would need to set it up, and I can create the page for it.
(And it's
> fine if the config you have is
0.26pre/master/unstable/development only.)

> Thanks,
> Mike

Hi Mike,

See