[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi as remote transcoder

Chris Lewis chrislewis915 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 06:51:09 UTC 2012

> Is there any software written to take advantage of this hardware
> capability yet?

No not yet, but with the way the RPi community is growing I would imagine
it wont be too long before something is available.

As it also has MPG2 HW decode im hoping it should be able to do the entire
transcode in HW.

I have no HD bays left in my BE case and if i start to replace the disks
with larger ones im going to end up with a load of redundant 500 gig disks.
 A £30 RPi would be a neat solution if it could sit and do my transcoding
whilst drawing no more than 5 watts!

Chris