[mythtv-users] FW: Looking for sample video grabber scripts

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Aug 29 23:54:39 UTC 2012

On 8/29/2012 17:34, ajp at cantabrian.co.nz wrote:
> What I want to do is put these in my "Videos" storage group and all the
> metadata that is correctly embedded in the file to be imported into MythTV
> Videos. Unfortunately this doesn't happen as the importer doesn't understand
> the metadata in an MP4.

If you name them properly, in a manner the file scanner in the Video
Library can understand, the existing TheMovieDB and TheTVDB grabbers
should work fine.  Alternatively, transcode the videos in place, and
then use mythvidexport.py on the wiki to migrate them over to the Video
Library with the necessary metadata.