[mythtv-users] FW: Looking for sample video grabber scripts

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Aug 29 20:10:41 UTC 2012

On 8/29/2012 15:48, ajp at cantabrian.co.nz wrote:
> On 8/29/2012 10:42, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 08/29/2012 06:55 AM, ajp wrote:
>>> I am trying to find sample video grabber scripts ideally in perl and
>>> ideally bare-bones scripts. They need to work with 0.25 though.
>>
>> You mean video metadata grabber?
>
> Yes please, any help is appreciated

There's not really anything a "sample" script is really going to tell
you. Each grabber needs to be tailored to the specific website it is
retrieving data from. They all need to return results in the format
documented on this page.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_Universal_Metadata_Format

The only examples to view are going to be the three currently in the
source tree, and installed to MythTV's share directory. Those are on for
the TheTVDB.com API, and two different versions of the TheMovieDb.org
API. Could you be more descriptive about what you are trying to
accomplish? If we had a better idea what you were doing, we would likely
be able to better guide you to the information you need.