[mythtv-users] HDHomerun wierdness

Rob Davis rob at davis-family.info
Wed Aug 29 16:52:13 UTC 2012

I have an antenna but also use Clear Qam from Comcast for locals.  I
have 2 x HDHomerun duals (the older ones with seperate tuner inputs) and
2 x PCI ATSC cards in my mythbox, running 0.25fixes on Gentoo (Compiled
from git).

The HDHomeruns work well off the Antenna, and the PCI cards use the
clear qam channels.  However, I wanted one of the inputs on the
hdhomerun to be ClearQam as I can then test things using my phone app
etc to see if Comcast start moving channels etc.  However, the the
picture on those channels when being used by the Homeruns jumps all over
the place. The same cable plugged into the pci cards works fine, as it
does into TV's around the house.

Reading around, yesterday I ssh'd into the box and ran an
hdhomerun_config save test to see if it picked up any network or signal
errors, which it didn't. (I tested the same line with a marginal station
on the OTA I know about on a different tuner and it reported back a few
S errors).

Am not entirely sure if there is a way to diagnose what's happening or
how to fix it?

Rob