[mythtv-users] LiveTV issues (root caused to cable signals)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 04:51:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:
> After re-cabling:
> (notice the numbers jump)
>
> [me at mythtv libhdhomerun]$ ./hdhomerun_config 1313E021 get /tuner0/status
> ch=qam:759000000 lock=qam256 ss=76 snq=82 seq=100 bps=38809216 pps=994

Those numbers, while clearly better, are still rather low.  I typically
see values in the 90's.  I seem to recall ss=76 indicates a power
level that would normally be out of spec for digital cable (although
it might just work sometimes).

First thing, plug the hdhr directly into the outlet using a short piece of
quality coax, and see if the values are more reasonable.  If not, call
your cable company and ask them to make a service call.  They are
responsible for adequate signal levels at the outlet.  If it looks good
directly plugged into the outlet, it would point the finger towards your
coax or splitters (or cable amp if you using one).

Gary