[mythtv-users] Setting up custom MythVideo Grabber

ajp at cantabrian.co.nz ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
Tue Aug 28 02:05:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am considering creating a custom video grabber script but the docs I have
read so far don't seem to tie in with my 0.25 setup.

As I understand it you can define a custom script, python etc., that runs
when you do a video scan. If I understand correctly this script then updates
the metadata for each video it finds.

Trouble is I can't find how to define which script is run nor am I exactly
sure where I should place the script for my Fedora 16 MythTV 0.25 setup.
This is an out of the box RPM install of MythTV so I am not building it
myself.

Any help is appreciated.