[mythtv-users] LIRC PVR250 and 10.4 -> 12.4 upgrade

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 22:54:17 UTC 2012

On Aug 27, 2012 8:49 AM, "Igor Cicimov" <icicimov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 27, 2012 8:37 AM, "Kenneth Emerson" <kenneth.emerson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > I have been struggling with this for four hours now and cannot get my
head wrapped around how lirc and devinput coexist now.  I have previously
set up a frontend with an mceusb remote (a bit of a struggle, but I did
have success) on 12.04.  This is my backend/frontend combination.  I use a
Harmony H659 remote emulating the Hauppauge grey remote. I use the IR
receiver on a PVR250 (with digital TV, that's its only purpose now).  Is
there a way to get the signals to pass from devinput driver to lirc?

> > I can see the keypresses with ir-keytable and I can map the keys with
an rc-keymap file, but I cannot seem to find the right configuration for
lirc's hardware.conf file.  If I set the REMOTE_DEVICE=/dev/input/event11,
the keypresses seem to get swallowed (i.e. the arrow keys no longer work in
the frontend), but I never get anything out of irw. This is what I
currently have for hardware.conf:

> > REMOTE="Hauppauge TV card"
> > REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev"
> > REMOTE_DRIVER="devinput"
> > REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/input/event11"
> > REMOTE_SOCKET=""
> > REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF=""
> > REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""
> >
> > It seems that everything that I find with Google deals with USB IR
receivers.

> > -- Ken E.

> REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="" should be pointing to your remote settings file for
your remote, you know one that has "begin remote" and "end remote" lines
inside and all the hex codes mapped to keys inbetween. Also you need to
have lircd autostart set to yes its couple of lines bellow not shown in
your print.
Once you have your hauppauge remote working use it to train your harmony
remote. Thats what i did with my harmony 700.