[mythtv-users] New installation

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 18:50:16 UTC 2012

On 08/26/2012 01:18 PM, Stefan D wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have spent most of the day to reinstall my whole system and now i'm stuck
> at a problem i don't understand and don't know how to solve. It seems that
> the backend just stops loading and therefore no frontend can connect to it.
> I hope it is something simple. I have started the backend with -v
> all,nodatabase and this i all i get:
>
> 2012-08-26 20:00:15.204490 C  mythbackend version: master [v0.26-pre-1083-gc5c5203]
> 2012-08-26 20:00:15.383518 E  setHttpProxy() - failed to find a network proxy
> And nothing gets written to the logfile. What am i missing? Cant see any
> obvious error messages? Besides the network proxy error? Could that be the
> problem? But i don't understand that message or how to fix it.

Hi;

It looks like you have HTTP_PROXY (or http_proxy) set. Do you have a working
proxy server (or need to have one?)

As to the 'nothing gets written to the logfile' question, what does your
command line look like? Does it include --logpath /var/log/mythtv, for
example? Or do you use --syslog local 7 (in which case the logs are in
/var/log/syslog.

--
Bill