[mythtv-users] 0.25->0.26: issue with

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 24 23:10:09 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 05:35 PM, Warpme wrote:
> On 8/24/12 10:26 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 08/24/2012 01:34 PM, Warpme wrote:
>>> I just upgraded from 0.25.2 to 0.26.
>>> All went really smooth (despite some glitches with cross-compiling
>>> zeromq and noticeable higher BE memory consumption).
>>> I'll report upgrade experience in separate mail
>>>
>>> I have q. however related to UTC change and BE status via
>>> //$BE:6544/Status/xml
>>> I'm using content of this file for various tools.
>>>
>>> After upgrade to 0.26 my perl based tools have following issues:
>>>
>>> 1. some of them are reporting:
>>> Invalid QName: MythDate::ISODate at
>>> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3/XML/NamespaceSupport.pm line 278.
>>
>> A user on IRC reported this issue and showed the XML that's output,
>> and it looks like a bug at
>> http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/httpstatus.cpp#n194
>> from an overly-aggressive find and replace during the UTC
>> conversion.  If you remove the MythDate:: part from there, does it
>> work properly/how it used to (other than now being in UTC and--since
>> you're using Qt 4.8--having a Z)?  If so (and if no one else has done
>> so before then), please feel free to create a ticket for the issue.
>>
> Mike,
> Thx. Indeed there is issue with MythDate::ISODate. I temporarily
> replace this string to Date::ISODate and this helps.
> I already managed UTC->Local conversion in my scripts, but still
> fighting with OSD message.
> Generally OSD:message not works, but I was able to see OSD messages
> sometimes.
> I get impression that FE sometimes reacting on  127.0.0.1:6948,
> sometimes not :-(

Thanks for looking at it.  It seems that Doug tested the suggested
change, too, and found it works.  He's filed a ticket at
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11036 .  Note that the patch he
attached is the one that will go in--it /completely/ removes MythDate::
and does not replace it with Date:: (the whole thing was an accidental
replacement in what was basically a global search and replace--this is a
string for XML and not a C++ thing, so it should just be ISODate).

I'll get that in before release.

Mike