[mythtv-users] 0.25->0.26: issue with

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 24 18:22:40 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 01:34 PM, Warpme wrote:
> Hi,
> I just upgraded from 0.25.2 to 0.26.
> All went really smooth (despite some glitches with cross-compiling
> zeromq and noticeable higher BE memory consumption).
> I'll report upgrade experience in separate mail
>
> I have q. however related to UTC change and BE status via
> //$BE:6544/Status/xml
> I'm using content of this file for various tools.
>
> After upgrade to 0.26 my perl based tools have following issues:
>
> 1. some of them are reporting:
> Invalid QName: MythDate::ISODate at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3/XML/NamespaceSupport.pm line 278.
>
> 2. Some other works but parsed time is -2h (is UTC I believe)
> Indeed status xml now has UTC times.
>
> I suspect issue is how date/time is represented in status xml file.
> Now it looks following:
> schedTime="2012-08-24T17:00:09Z"
> note about "Z" at end.
>
> Is this "Z" suffix expected so I have to modify my perl scripts XML
> parser calls, or rather this is bug ?

Z is expected when you're using Qt 4.8 (which changed the time format
for ISO dates to, er, actually be correct).  Since it makes no sense to
undo their bug fix, we plan to eventually have code such that even if
you run MythTV compiled against a Qt <4.8 version, it will still have Z
in the UTC times.  We haven't done this change, yet, though, so it's
likely to only be in 0.26-fixes or possibly only in unstable until 0.27
release.

Mike