[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct not working myth 0.25 Fixes

Myth Steve stevemyth at priorityelectronics.com
Fri Aug 24 16:43:03 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 09:33 AM, Myth Steve wrote:
> On 08/23/2012 11:46 PM, Joseph Fry wrote:
>>
>>                     Ok, So it could be partially my fault. I
>>                     installed mythbuntu 12.04 only to find that it
>>                     sucks for those of us who use NX server. So I had
>>                     to go back to 11.10 which worked perfectly. The
>>                     issue though is that by the time I figured it was
>>                     NX that was the problem, we had a ton of new
>>                     stuff in the myth db,
>>
>>                     So I put 11.10 but decided to upgrade myth to
>>                     0.25 on it. So I added the
>>                     ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.25/ubuntu
>>                     <http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0.25/ubuntu>
>>                     oneiric main repository.
>>
>>                     Then I did the upgrade. Everything seemed
>>                     great...till my guide data ran out.
>>
>>                     Now when I run mythfilldatabase it says nothing
>>                     to download and gives me the following errors:
>>                     DataDirect: Failed to get data: Download error
>>                     Encountered error in grabbing data.
>>                     Failed to fetch some program info
>>
>>                     Please help if you can.
>>
>>                     -Thanks
>>
>>                 Qt 4.7.1?
>>
>>                 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/516515#516515
>>
>>             Here is what I get when I run mythfilldatabase. QT is 4.7.4
>>             I saw that posting but don't understand what I am
>>             supposed to do to get this resolved.
>>

>>         If it's not 4.7.1, that's not the issue (unless they put back
>>         a bug they fixed in 4.7.2).
>>
>>         It actually looks like you either have a bad
>>         username/password configured or your account is expired or
>>         something.
>>
>>         Mike
>>
>>     Just checked, the account is active and working fine. I double
>>     checked the user and password in mythbackend setup. I am unable
>>     to retrieve lineups. Is there a manual way to do this until I get
>>     this working?
>>

>> Reboot.  yes... just reboot.
>>
>> I, and several others, had this exact issue upon upgrading to 12.04.
>>  My best guess is that you installed 12.04, it rebooted, then you
>> enabled the nightly builds and updated... something in those updates
>> breaks Schedules Direct and makes all kinds of weird issues with in
>> in mythtv-setup and with mythfilldatabase.  A reboot fixed it in all
>> the cases I heard of.... never bothered to dig any deeper into what
>> is actually failing.
>>
>> Let me know if it helps.

> I just did a reboot and re-ran mythfilldatabase and it outputs the
> exact same. Not working.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> -Thanks
>
> --
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steve Peters

Well, I can admit when I've made a mistake.

I setup a static ip via /etc/network/interfaces but did not configure
dns. That's why I was able to get everything going, but after I changed
it to static i could not get guide data. I assumed it would get dns via
my router but it did not, so I manually put in dns. Now it works.

Thanks for all the help.

--

Sincerely,

Steve Peters