[mythtv-users] Segfault on starting playback

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 23 15:45:02 UTC 2012

On 08/23/2012 11:15 AM, Stephen Robertson wrote:
> I've also attempted to follow the instructions for obtaining a
> backtrace using gdb the gdb.txt file is at the link below ( I don't
> know whether that is too big for the list)
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/swp8kx1ke6cfuoc/gdb.txt

This one looks good.  Please make a new ticket (to prevent confusion
about the bad/old library issue you mentioned on #11010) with a current
description (don't know if the description on #11010 is still good after
cleaning up libraries) and attach this backtrace.

Also, does this happen on only a specific video or two?  The crash is
inside ffmpeg code, which could indicate a problem with corrupt video or
something.  Please give any details of the crash/behavior/symptom you
think may be helpful.

Thanks,
Mike