[mythtv-users] Segfault on starting playback

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 23 14:02:12 UTC 2012

On 08/23/2012 07:40 AM, Stephen Robertson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>> On Thursday, 23 August 2012, Stephen Robertson wrote:
>>> Any suggestions what I can look at?  I am guessing that this is really
>>> a configuration/installation problem as no one else seems to be having
>>> these issues.
>>>
>> No matter what your configuration is, myth should never crash..
>>
>> Create a backtrace and lodge a ticket:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2
>>
>> If you're using Ubuntu packages, there's a myth debug package you install so
>> you don't have to recompile myth.
> I opened a ticket #11010 which was then closed when I thought the
> problem had been resolved by left over libraries.  Should I open a new
> ticket?

Something is definitely wrong with the stack traces at the launchpad
ticket ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/1038746 ).  The
Stacktrace.txt (which is supposed to be just the crashing thread) and
ThreadStacktrace.txt (which is supposed to be all threads) don't match
up--ThreadStacktrace.txt shows only one unimportant thread (as if it was
created at some other time and is preventing creation of a new one?).

We'll need better traces to be able to guess what's wrong.  See
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging for more info on debugging with
*buntu, and you may need to talk with some *buntu users to get help
fixing the data-collection mechanism they have.

Mike