[mythtv-users] Remote frontend connection fail

Tom corcoran tomc at osits.com
Wed Aug 22 23:16:35 UTC 2012

Hi

I have a Mythbuntu 12.x setup with a remote frontend with same version
both running Mythtv.25, the problem I am having is that on bootup of the
frontend it fails to connect to the backend the first time and proceeds
on to the setup screen promoting for country, language etc.  This only
ever happens when the frontend is booted up first as once I accept all
and save all the existing values in the frontend config it connects to
the backend fine over a cabled connection.
This is a real PIA for the kids etc and this issue only has arisen since
upgrade from .24, any suggestions would be grateful received?

TomC