[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend for Android and Livetv

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Aug 21 22:12:41 UTC 2012

* On Tue Aug 21, 2012 at 01:51:12PM -0400, Daniel Frey wrote:
> It is my understanding that Live TV is not currently a feature of HLS.  I
> believe I saw some discussions about it coming in a future mythtv release,
> but at this time it is not available.

That is correct.  I have some code in my head about things I'd need to
change to get the HLS encoder working with LiveTV, but haven't spent any
time on it.  I'll have to see how that would fit in with the on-demand
encoding as well, if on-demand can replace the existing functionality
fully, then it doesn't make sense to spend any time trying to bolt on
LiveTV support to the existing encoder.  Full support and getting the
encoder to transition between channel changes, etc. would be a pain and
I think coding time is better spent on the on-demand encoding ability.

--
Chris