[mythtv-users] New Mac OS X Build Process--MacPorts

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Aug 21 20:24:38 UTC 2012

Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> says:
> Please let me know if you try it out.

Good News: On a late 2008 MacBook Pro running 10.6 the port took under
an hour to build including all dependencies. As I hoped mythfrontend
properly inherited the settings of the prebuilt binary, and did quick
successful tests of the ffmpeg and VDA decoders with MPEG-2 and h.264
recordings. I look forward to, once it becomes a "real" OS X packaged
application, being able to modify Info.plist to work around a minor
issue
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/509545#509545) as
I do with the prebuilt binary.

Bad News: After I sent my previous message I realized that having a
second slave backend on for jobs might be useful, so ran
mythtv-setup. Unfortunately it hangs once I select any entry except
Channel Editor; that hangs if I choose one of the listed
channels. (They all appear, so it is obviously talking to the database
correctly.) I ran it with -v network,socket,system and database,gui
but no error message appears after the hang.

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg
Q: "Record HD cable/satellite?" A: Hauppauge HD-PVR, $200 @ Newegg