[mythtv-users] New Mac OS X Build Process--MacPorts

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Tue Aug 21 18:58:01 UTC 2012

At 11:20 AM -0700 8/21/12, Yeechang Lee wrote:
>Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> says:
>>  The MacPorts port ("mythtv-core.25") builds Myth 0.25.2, as of July
>>  31
>
>I've been looking forward to this and am building it now. While I have
>no interest in running the backend on OS X, a version of the frontend
>in a package system with the metadata lookup scripts is welcome.
>
>May I suggest you consider providing a frontend-only package (either
>in a separate port or through the variants mechanism)? Not because of
>the additional required disk space, but simply for faster compilation.

The Myth source doesn't support building the frontend only.  MacPorts
provides pre-compiled binaries, for common combinations (64 bit Lion
and Snow Leopard), so the savings would be very minimal.

Let me know how the build goes...

Craig
PS I reverted the title change to the wiki page.  The port gives the
user a message directing them to the original page title.