[mythtv-users] Volume is reduced during commercials

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 12:57:14 UTC 2012

On Aug 20, 2012 1:37 AM, "Monkey Pet" <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I am watching TV and during the commercials, the volume gets lowered
about
>> > 50%.  My sound is configured for AC3 passthru.  However, then I quit
LiveTV
>> > and re-enter it, the volume level is restored.  Using 0.25/fixes.  Is
myth
>> > doing anything to incorrectly manage volume levels?
>>
>> Fantastic, if you find the cause of this please let us know how it
>> works so the rest of us can have this feature! (Then again, why are
>> you watching ads?)
>

> Upcovert is not checked.  Audio Output device:
ALSA:plughw:CARD=Intel,DEV=1, Dolby Digital, DTS is checked.  HBR
passthrough support is checked.  Pulsaudio has been disabled.  This is
unbuntu 12.04 running on an intel mac mini (1st gen).

> Unfortunately, the low volume remains even after the commercials during
the real show (otherwise, i wouldn't be complaining).

Does this happen with just a specific show or a specfic channel?

I had this problem with only one program and the root cause was an issue at
my local affiliate :

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/502189?#502189

You can follow the steps in that thread to determine the source

Dave