[mythtv-users] 0.26 recording rules - "not listed"

Carl Lewis carl.lewis at dpipwe.tas.gov.au
Mon Aug 20 07:11:35 UTC 2012

On 19/08/12 22:54, Adrian Saul wrote:
> On 19/08/2012 10:46 PM, Adrian Saul wrote:
>>
>> Picked up a slightly annoying bug with 0.26 tonight - my wife was watching a show and decided to manually record the following program in case this one ran overtime.  She went to the guide, picked
>> the next show and did a manual record.  Instantly the two other shows in scheduled to be recorded tonight disappeared from upcoming recordings.
>>
>> If I look at the upcoming recordings there is nothing there to say they are in conflict or anything, there are plenty of free tuners and it seemed happy to record it before.
>> If I pick the show in the guide it has nothing to say it wants to record it.
>> If I do a manual record in on the show, it shows up in upcoming recordings and the guide as "Not Listed" (WTF does that mean, yes it is, its right there).
>> If I look at the recording rules it is there and I see nothing that would prevent it recording, and preview changes shows it as "this will be recorded" but it never appears in upcoming recordings.
>>
>> Viewing via the frontend of mythweb seem to show nothing different, and I can find no errors or messages in the logs relating to this.
>>
>> Any ideas what is going on here?   The only work around seems to be to switch to the show when it starts and hit record.
>>

> Actually I think this is related to the new timezone setup in 0.26 - if I look at the recording rule in the database, the last scheduled recording times etc are all local time, but the view in the
> frontend shows the last recorded at Aug 15 07:33AM when in fact it was Aug 14 09:33PM  (I am GMT+10, so it seems to think the times in the DB are GMT not AEST).
>
> Also the frontend seems to think the show is scheduled for 10AM-10AM in the rules overview.   The rule in the database has the startdate and enddate of today at 0:00, so +10 would make it be 10am.
>
> I am not sure this should really affect it, because it is a "record any time on this channel" rule, and nothing to do with timeslots etc.

Adrian, I've also been seeing this since performing
1) the Mysql timezone load, and
2) removing my daily mythbackend reboot as no longer necessary (wrong!).

Reinstating the daily mythbackend process restart is a workaround and temporarily removes the problem, for about 24h.
I had thought it may have been shepherd (and given your GMT+10 I'm guessing you also might be in Australia)
but disabling program guide updates had no effect, I've only seen complaints on the mailing list from GMT+10 which is why I was looking at shepherd.
Setting every don't do EIT flag I could find (overall, tuner, channel) has also had no effect.

Something else is confusing mythbackends time sense.

In the past this sort of problem is usually solved by someone else the moment I start digging into the code. I might have to try invoking that method again and see if it works.

--
Carl Lewis
Manager ICT