[mythtv-users] HVR4000 firmware on Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise) 64bit

Paul Kendall pkendall64 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 02:55:53 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 1:49 AM, Devin Heitmueller
<dheitmueller at kernellabs.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Paul Kendall <pkendall64 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You should be able to use the firmware from your old version of ubuntu
>> as it doesn't
>> have anything to with 64bit or 32bit.  It's the firmware for the card.
>> What I have found
>> is that I have to reverse apply a patch that was made to tidy things
>> up in the hvr-4000
>> code as it won't lock on to any DVB signals without it.
>
> ....ears perk up....
>
> What driver patch did you have to reverse?

This is the commit that caused the problem for me on ubuntu natty
I just rebuild the media tree with this commit reverted.

http://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git/patch/793927372626bae48b32db24dddde40d73923a9c

It seems that now it is fixed properly on kernel 3.0.0 by this patch...

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/74557311/frontend_dvb_init.patch

> Devin

Cheers,
Paul