[mythtv-users] help moving recordings to video

Tapani Tarvainen mythtv at tapanitarvainen.fi
Sat Aug 18 04:25:30 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:11:06AM -0400, Michael T. Dean (mtdean at thirdcontact.com) wrote:

> On 08/17/2012 10:29 AM, mikkel wrote:
> >
> >So, you support the use of mythvidexport.py?
> >

> Yes. Very much so.  Raymond Wagner did a great job making that
> script, which is extremely useful.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, due to three limitations:

First, it crashes whenever there're non-ASCII letters in filenames
(which is the case for maybe half of my recordings).
Two, it loses metadata (and retrieving metadata from the net
afterwards doesn't work for 90%+ of my recordings).
Three, it loses commercial detection data (and as far as I can tell,
there's no way to redo that afterwards either).

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix or overcome those,
I'd be very grateful.
(I've already thought to study enough Python and mythtv internals
to fix the script myself, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to
manage that.)

--
Tapani Tarvainen