[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend upnp renderer?

Fred Watt fredwattmythtv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 11:33:48 UTC 2012

Has mythfrontend ever had the functionality to act as a upnp media
renderer (player).  For some reason I thought mythfrontend could be used
to render images over upnp.  I know mythbackend can be used as a upnp
server - that's not in question.

I want to be able to play media (images) from my phone directly to a
frontend using upnp (twonky etc).

This works fine for xbmc (which acts as a renderer and server).  We like
mythfrontend and I don't want to complicate the set up with two media
interfaces.  Mythfrontend has always been prefered.

Am I simply barking up the wrong tree?