[mythtv-users] mythmote App and minimyth

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Aug 16 07:22:18 UTC 2012

On 16/08/2012 03:32, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> If MiniMyth actually does not provide a copy of mythtv-setup to allow
> users to blank that setting and allow mythfrontend to listen everywhere,
> then this is a fine example of why not including applications is a
> terrible design choice.  I realize it is designed to take up a minimum
> of storage, but mythtv-setup is all of 360KB.

So this living-room appliance needs settings made that cannot be
performed though it's usual interface? Someone has to access the
command line and provoke the machine into displaying mythtv-setup
in place of mythfrontend briefly to make the configuration change
and then provoke it into redisplaying mythfrontend? That doesn't
sound like an ideal design either. Or should minimyth provide a normal
desktop from which the user had to start mythfrontend each time
the machine is booted. Again not a great design.

P.