[mythtv-users] Disk space for frontend-only machine

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 03:40:18 UTC 2012

I have just moved from many years of a mythtv backend/frontend combo
so a new setup which has a dedicated backend + multiple frontends.
I've reused the old combo disk in one of the frontends which is a
1.5TB disk. But I'm thinking that must be a total waste. How much disk
space does a frontend-only machine need? Surely it only needs a small
disk of 20GB or less to run the O/S and MythTV? Does anything else
ever get stored on a frontend?

Regards,
Phill