[mythtv-users] mythupchuk -- another script for maintaining UK channels

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 15 19:57:44 UTC 2012

On 15/08/12 19:50, Karl Dietz wrote:
> On 15.08.2012 19:58, Chris Dennis wrote:
>> Does that mean that channels will get new service ids? If so, then there
>> will be some extra editing to do.
>
> when I asked Google about it lately the answer was that the
> Logical Channel Numbers are being reordered.

OK, that's easy then.  mythupchuk is designed to override the automatic
channel numbers to ones of the user's own choosing, so it won't be upset
by this change.  (On the other hand, if you like the standard numbering,
mythupchuk can do that too.)

For information, I found a document[1] that specifies these changes, and
provides this table:

Proposed change to the LCN listings
                          Proposed LCN listing  Current LCN listing
Genre:                   First LCN Last LCN    First LCN Last LCN
General Entertainment       1        99           1         49
                                                  60         69
Local                       -         -         200      c.205
HD                        101       109          50         59
Children's                110       119          70         79
News                      120       139          80         89
Text and MHEG services    200       299         100        120
Adult services            300       349          92         99
                                                 189        199
Interactive services      350       399         300        320
IP delivered services     400       499         N/A
Radio                     700       750         700        750

cheers

Chris

[1]
http://www.dmol.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/76898/DMOL_LCN_Consultation_29_March_2012.pdf