[mythtv-users] Confused Front Ends

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 15 14:32:42 UTC 2012

On 08/15/2012 08:20 AM, Aaron wrote:
> I have a combined FE/BE system (Gazerbeam) and a FE (Everseer). A few
> weeks back my DB went whacky, I repaired it, but now I've noticed that
> Myth thinks there is only one front end, Everseer. It used to be in
> Mythweb that I could play videos to either front end, but this is no
> longer the case, is there a way to fix this? I do have the host names
> registered with each system; they are both Mythbuntu. And I also have
> the front end identifier turned on for each system in the front end
> preferences.

Check your $HOME/.mythtv/config.xml and every single mysql.txt on your
system to see if one is specifying a LocalHostName override, which uses
the wrong host name.  Also, on startup, your log files should have a
line that says what host name is being used for each system.  Check to
ensure they use different names.

Mike