[mythtv-users] MythBuntu Backend not starting on Boot

Jim Oltman jim.oltman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 22:05:07 UTC 2012

I'm not sure if anyone saw this due to my other thread being too
complicated, so I'll just put it here.

I've successfully completed my upgrade to 12.04.1 LTS MythBuntu.  One thing
that is concerning to me is that MySQL is set to a master role on the
backend, but it is not starting on boot.  I had to start MySQL through MCC
then manually start mythtv-backend.  Once I did that, all was well.  I had
this issue on 11.10 / 0.24.  I would have hoped it was fixed by now.  I
have MythBuntu Repos added too.  Anyone have any ideas?  If there's no fix,
I'll have to figure out what I did before.  Of course I didn't bookmark the
fix...that'd be too easy.  Thanks!

Jim