[mythtv-users] Mythweb in Debian Squeeze

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Aug 14 11:41:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 6:58 AM, Lasse Knudsen
<lasse.h.knudsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have found some oddness, with the mythweb, media repository for Debian
> Squeeze.
>
> Most things work fine with the web interface, making manual recordings and
> such. But when i try to hide, delete channels, or change xmltvid, in the
> setup part, then the changes do not get saved. And my problem is that i dont
> see any error messages anywhere, the changes are just dropped. I see nothing
> interesting in any of the log files.
>

> Anyone that has seen this problem, i have not myself seen this behavior
> before, usually the interface works or not at all, not this wierd inbetween
> thing :)

I had this problem before once. I think the issue was that I had added
a lot of channels to my config and it was generating enough data that
I was exceeding PHP's maximum size setting for POST data. If you go
into /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini and look for post_max_size, you can
bump it up. I think mine was originally set to 8M and I bumped it up
to 32M to fix the problem. After you make the change, I believe you'll
need to restart apache for it to take effect.

--
Ron Frazier