[mythtv-users] (fwd) Re: Gold medal for MythTV

david.scott.day at gmail.com david.scott.day at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 19:54:43 UTC 2012

----- Forwarded message from James Purl <convbox at jamespurl.com> -----

From: James Purl <convbox at jamespurl.com>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Gold medal for MythTV
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:28:05 -0700

I'd like to chime in and say thanks to the devs as well!  The Olympics on
Myth were a success here! There were times (with the soccer, basketball and
3D channels going), that I was hitting 7 feeds at once in my system.  Like
others, my only problem was the space--especially when there were multiple
day-long pieces tied to the same backend.

Now, as to WATCHING all that content--we'll be watching Olympics for months
:)  I'm almost glad its "over" so that I don't have to worry about spoilers
as much anymore :)

james

----- End forwarded message -----

Ditto here!

I started with MythTV during the previous Winter Olympics.  At that time
we had TimeWarner cable and we were dumbstruck at the quality of our
local NBC OTA signal, which was noticeably better than both the standard
cable feed AND the digital HiDef feed.

In the months following that winter olympics we also noted that MythTV
was allowing us to capture more TV than we had time to watch from our OTA antenna.

So we quit TWC and have been OTA only for two years now with nary a
regret.

The one thing I would like to see though, is I would like to continue to
use Myth as my primary interface to ALL video content such as Roku and
NetFlix, and Hulu +. It would be nice to have Myth control a Roku (or some such box)
within the normal Myth environment.

Thanks for all your hard work,

Dave & family