[mythtv-users] Where best to report Mythbuntu theme bugs?

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:59:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 08/13/2012 10:45 AM, John Veness wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the "A plea for some consideration for the poor suffering MythTV
>> users" thread, a bug in the Mythbuntu theme for 0.25 was mentioned (missing
>> dates in Watch Recordings). Mike Dean suggested raising it as an issue on
>> https://github.com/MythTV-**Themes/Mythbuntu/issues<https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Mythbuntu/issues>although I notice it is already listed at
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/**mythbuntu/+bug/1004974<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/1004974>.
>>
>> So, where is it best to raise Mythbuntu theme bugs? Do the Mythbuntu
>> theme or the main MythTV devs have a preferred place?
>>
>> Incidentally, the other main bug that is affecting me is
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/**mythbuntu/+bug/886663<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/886663>where recording metadata (subtitle, season, episode number) can not be
>> edited since 0.25 as the Mythbuntu theme does not support the new window.
>>

> Launchpad is probably a better place.  There is an issue tracker available
> on github for the github-hosted repos, but not all themers may want to use
> that.  If they already have Mythbuntu-theme bugs listed at launchpad,
> that's probably where they want those reported.
>
> Mike
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/1004974>

This bug is already reported here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/1004974

A separate thread on the issue was started here :

I recommend using the work-around as posted on launchpad, not the follow up
email in the thread, as Launchpad's listed work-around results in the
screen looking like what the theme used to show.

Jeremy