[mythtv-users] mythmote App and minimyth

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Sat Aug 11 08:43:14 UTC 2012

Am 2012-08-11 10:34, schrieb Mike Perkins:

>> Is this a FE only?  Did you run mythtv-setup on it?  If so, make sure
>> the local backend IP address is blank.

What is the "local backend" ?
afaik there is no mythtv-setup on minimyth.

> It's minimyth. That means that it is netbooted and all the OS,
> configuration, etc is provided in one package. There /is/ an optional
> backend but that is not a normal use-case.

I run a backend, sure. mythtv-0.25 on a gentoo box, which also provides
pxe/tftp/nfs for netbooting minimyth on the frontend hardware.

> This question would be better answered on the minimyth forum.

... yes. I just wanted to try it here, and avoid registering on the Nth
forum for just one issue ...