[mythtv-users] Power off from remote

Joel Ebel mythtv at ebel.mybox.org
Fri Aug 10 16:11:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 2:33 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 8/10/2012 01:11, Joel Ebel wrote:
>>
>> I already run irexec on demand when I use mythgames
>

> That doesn't sound right.  Do you mean irxevent?

I set it up over 5 years ago, so it may not be optimal, but I wrap
each emulator in a script which starts something like "irexec -d -n
sdlmame" and disables the screensaver.  Then lircrc contains entries
like:

begin
  prog = sdlmame
  button = Exit
  config = xmacroplay-keys :0 Escape
end

At the time irxevent wouldn't work with sdl applications like sdlmame.
 I'll investigate if that has changed.

However, that's not really relevant to my question, which is: Is there
a simple and respected way to get mythtv to call it's HaltCommand or
some other shutdown command/script from an LIRC signal without using a
separate application?

Joel