[mythtv-users] 0.25.2 airplay and iTunes

Michael A Weber mweberjunk01 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 01:38:41 UTC 2012

I have enabled airplay in Mythtv 0.25.2 and I can stream audio and video from my iPhone, which is pretty slick.  However, sadly, I have an iMac from which I would like to stream music and I'm not so successful.

In iTunes, I have the "box with the triangle" icon that displays when an AirTunes or airplay device exists on the network.  When I click that, I see that it shows the monitor icon and not just a speaker icon next to "MythTV on mythtv.xxxxxxxx.com" (where xxxxx is masking my real domain), which indicates that it knows that it can stream video.  But, when I go to select it, the icon momentarily turns blue and then it goes right back to black.  When I attempt to select "multiple speakers" and select the MythTV checkbox, the box will not stay checked.

I saw something previously which said that iTunes support was added to airplay in 0.25 fixes, but I haven't seen anything confirming that it made it into 0.25.2.  Is anyone else having any luck streaming from iTunes to airplay on MythTV, and if so, do you have any insight as to why mine may not be working?  Keep in mind that it does in fact stream from my iPhone to MythTV without any problems.

Mike