[mythtv-users] Issues with 4Seven on Freesat...

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 9 18:32:35 UTC 2012

On 09/08/2012 17:36, Ian Wilkinson wrote:
> On 08/08/2012 18:04, Robert Longbottom wrote:
>>
>> On 7 Aug 2012, at 08:43 PM, Ian Wilkinson <null at sgtwilko.f9.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hiya,
>>>
>>> Is anyone else having issues receiving the channel 4Seven on Freesat?
>>>
>>> The channel tunes in fine, but after a second or two the picture breaks
>>> up.  It then stabilises for a few seconds then breaks up again.
>>>
>>> I'm running Mythbuntu 10.04, 0.24-fixes, on an ION board with a TBS 6891.
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, I see exactly the same thing. I've just tried to find 4seven on my set top box but it seems I don't have it tuned in despite having done a full rescan last weekend. I wondered if it was a general issue with signal strength. I'll try to tune it in tomorrow maybe and see if it works on there.
>>
>> All my other sat channels work fine though, so I can't really believe it is a signal issue.
>>
>> Rob.
>>
> Hi Rob,
>
>  From my checking in my Myth DB, it would seem like it's on the same Mux
> (is it a Mux when it's from satellite?) as channel 4 HD which I receive
> fine (apart from lip sync being ever so slightly out).  LyngSat and King
> of Sat also agree and the settings they're showing match my Myth DB.
>
> Are you also on 0.24-fixes?
>
> Ian.

I'm using v0.25.1-58-g1d41f74

dtv_multiplex contains this data (used for 4seven and for C4HD)

           mplexid: 44
          sourceid: 1
       transportid: 2068
         networkid: 2
         frequency: 11126000
         inversion: a
        symbolrate: 22000000
               fec: 2/3
          polarity: v
        modulation: 8psk
         bandwidth: NULL
      lp_code_rate: NULL
transmission_mode: NULL
    guard_interval: NULL
           visible: 0
     constellation: NULL
         hierarchy: NULL
      hp_code_rate: NULL
           mod_sys: DVB-S
           rolloff: NULL
        sistandard: dvb
    serviceversion: 13
   updatetimestamp: 2011-11-23 20:08:50
default_authority:

According to lynsat, the fex should be 5/6, so I changed that, but it
hasn't made any difference.  I still get picture breakup.  In fact it
seems a bit worse since I changed the fec....

For some reason I can't get my STB to tune in any TV channels on that
transponder - it's not HD capable, but I'd still expect it to pickup 4seven.

C4HD works fine (before and after changing the fec).

Most odd.

Rob.