[mythtv-users] Exporting for iPad

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Aug 8 14:04:23 UTC 2012

On 8/8/2012 07:13, Matt Wynne wrote:

> I was excited to find this[1] perl script for ipod export, but when I
> tried to run it I got all kinds of warnings (I'm running Ubuntu 12.04)
> saying ffmpeg is deprecated.
>
> So my new tactic is just to use avconv on files in the
> /home/mythtv/recordings directory that start with the right channel ID.

That's a rather cheeky error. The FFmpeg developer base fractured last
year, into separate FFmpeg and Libav projects. The 'avconv' application
is part of Libav. The Libav packages still contain a copy of the
'ffmpeg' application for backwards compatibility, but no longer maintain
it in their fork. It is still maintained, and is the primary
application, in the FFmpeg fork.