[mythtv-users] 0.25 VAAPI does it work

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Aug 7 17:03:54 UTC 2012

On 8/7/2012 11:54, Angela wrote:
> 0.26 does not have updated ffmpeg code and as far as I know no updates to
> fix VAAPI problems are included.
> I hope the mythtv devs will pick up the upgrading of the ffmpeg source for
> 0.27. From reading the list, the upgrades were previously done by a dev
> which does not join mythtv anymore.
> Maybe a dev can comment on upgrading plans.

The internal FFmpeg snapshot was previously maintained by Janne Grunau,
a LibAV developer who has been inactive with MythTV for about two years
now. The last several syncs were performed Gavin Hurlbut.

The VAAPI implementation in MythTV is completely independent of anything
in the FFmpeg snapshot, and was written by Mark Kendall, who is no
longer with the project.