[mythtv-users] Recordings from nonexistent channels

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 14:02:43 UTC 2012

On 07/30/2012 09:51 PM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I'm on 0.24-fixes.
>
> Occasionally (but too often to my liking) recordings
> fail. By "fail" I mean that something was recorded
> (i.e. good audio and video) but that it does not
> correspond with the metadate (i.e. with the program
> that I expected to be recorded).
>
> Looking at the backed logs, I see that the recording
> in question was recorded on a channel that does not
> exist. Example:
>
> Finished recording 	Anvil: the Story of Anvil:
> channel 2019
>
> Where channel 19 does not exist (i.e. select * from
> channel where chanid=2019; returns the empty set).
>
> Any idea how to troubleshoot this?

I have a theory.

These recordings seem to be happening from channels for
which I have metadata but no valid tuning data. So when
another-one happened overnight I went back to the
listings to see which channel the recording's metadata
suggested it had come from.

I do grab metadata (using uk_rt) for more channels than
I actually subscribe to. These channels also exist in
the database, but have been rendered invisible (by
clearing the "visible" flag in Mythweb).

I thought that clearing that flag caused the channel to
not only disappear from the program listings but also
caused it to be removed from consideration for
recordings. I now suspect that this may not hold for
power rules.

So I will now change my grabbers's configuration files
to only grab metadata for channels I actually subscribe
to, and I'm sure that this will solve the problem.

Thanks, Jan