[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime fails to record certain channels (Cable Card)

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sun Aug 5 23:35:39 UTC 2012

James Purl <convbox at jamespurl.com> says:
> When I compared a working Prime channel with new ones in the DB, I
> noticed some columns not set: serviceid, mplexid, atsc_major_chan
> and atsc_minor_chan.

Thanks for this. I was unable to tune in one channel on my HDHomeRun
Prime and I knew it wasn't because of the copyonce flag. (When looking
at the Prime's internal Web server, the status page for the tuner
would display 'none' for all fields except Frequency and Signal
Strength.)  Hand-adjusting the mplexid, serviceid, atsc_major_chan,
and atsc_minor_chan fields to read NULL, NULL, 0, and 0, respectively,
to match known-working channels fixed the issue.

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg
Q: "Record HD cable/satellite?" A: Hauppauge HD-PVR, $200 @ Newegg