[mythtv-users] Video Metadata

Tim Raphael raphael.timothy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 04:24:16 UTC 2012

> I have not been able to figure out just what triggers a metadata lookup.
> There's a checkbox in the frontend for doing a lookup immediately following
> a video scan but that doesn't seem to work. I also can't figure out how to
> force it to happen. If I run ttvdb.py manually, it just outputs everything
> to stdout without sticking anything in the database.

Exactly what i'm experiencing.

> Move the files that have been renamed out of your
> storage group, rescan (and they will be deleted from the dB), move

I did this, removed my folder from the storage group and rescanned. I
checked to make sure the metadata was cleared from the DB table, added
the folder back to the SG and rescanned. I could see the episode data
was being pulled into the DB table on the second scan however it just
doesn't go that extra step and load the plot, director's details and
artwork.

>> Or simply select the video and press ' i ' and select "Change Video
>> Details" and use the options there to reset and retrieve details. If you
>> use the retrieve details option, you are provided a list of titles matching
>> the query.

> thats ok for one or two, gets tedious on whole directories full of files.

Exactly, I have thousands of TV shows that would take me FOREVER to
process these individually. Most of the time for movies and tv shows
the loaded show is correct. My question: how come there is no
automatic process for mass downloading metadata?

Maybe one of the devs could enlighten us as to how the metadata should
be automatically loaded?